Ling and Lang
Answer questions in section A and any other two from section B.
- Explain the components of a well prepared lesson plan. (10mks).
- Explain the importance of micro teaching to a student teacher. (10mks).
- Describe how lecture method can be made effective in teaching. (10mks).
4.(a) Discuss the factors to consider in choosing a suitable method of instruction. (10mks).
(b) Discuss the merits of using the interactive teaching method in a lesson. (10mks).
ENGL 223/LING 223
SECOND YEAR EXAMINATION FOR THE AWARD OF THE
DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF EDUCATION [ARTS]
SECOND SEMESTER 2017/2018
(MAY – AUGUST, 2017)
ENGL 223//LING 223: INTEGRATION OF ENGLISH AND LITERATURE
TIME: 2 HOURS
DAY: MONDAY, 3:00-5:00 PM
- Do not write anything on this question Paper.
- Answer question ONE and any other TWO questions.
- QUESTION ONE
Explain how to use the following aspects of literature to teach language skills.
(a)Drama and language games
With adequate illustrations, explain the different levels of integration in the secondary school English syllabus.
Discuss the importance of literature in language teaching.
Page I of 2
- Discuss the areas of emphasis in the teaching of speaking skills in English. [20 marks)
- QUESTION FIVE
Discuss the reading skills that can be used to assist learners overcome their bad reading habits.